Friday, March 1, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

This week has been fairly eventful.
It started with a text on Sunday night to the Smiling Assassin which I was somewhat scared of sending.
We had 'enjoyed' a 24-hour bug and the Monday morning assault course/route march just didn't seem do-able.
I pleaded with her to let me cancel. She wasn't having any of it.
I promised to do crunches in the lavatory and sit-ups in bed. She relented...but I would have to go back again today for an extra special session.
Okay, I said, crying into my pillow...
Then there was that moment today, when I had the boxing gloves on and Smiling Assassin had the boxing pads on (which I have to whack until my hands go blue and my face goes pink) when I nearly missed...and socked her under the chin. 
Temptation is a dreadful thing.

-----------

Anyhow, the upshot of the bug has been great. No training, little eating and a further 1.5kg loss so I've now shed 20lbs (9kgs). I now use a notch on my belt which I thought was just there for decoration. 
And Smiling Assassin told me today I need to get some new gym kit as the stuff I have is too big.
OF COURSE IT IS! 
I'm eating like a snail (heck, I'd even eat one off the street if I saw one), exercising like an Olympic athlete and getting beaten up every week by someone who thinks exercise is fun.
I'll have a look at something over the weekend - but no mankinis, I promise.
   
------------

I also had a trip via here this week on a training trip to London.

Bury St Edmunds Rail Station

I love going by train. It's a magical form of travel and, I have to say, everything ran on time.
Ran being the operative word. I'm glad Smiling Assassin has had me on the treadmill and cross trainer - up and down those escalators and through the Underground took all my reserves of stamina.
North London gave me a view of the Emirates Stadium which I thought rather stunning.




If only the Gunners' football was living up to that stadium at present (I'm an unashamed Leeds United fan with the scarf to prove it).

The course? Well that was on Twitter and social networking in general. At least that's something I can do sitting down in the comfort of a nice chair. 
I'll flutter off now and post this on Twitter...


If you'd like to support my fund-raising and the reason for the weekly (sorry, daily...yep, Smiling Assassin has fallen for it when I tell her I go EVERY DAY) gym sessions with Abbeycroft Leisure, pop on the web to www.justgiving.com/BfpEditor where you can donate to the Beat It appeal. We're trying to raise £55k to buy a cancer scanner to detect prostate problems early in young men - and save lives.
Please help - if we can just stop one young man going through the very real horror of cancer and stop one family having to deal with some bad news, all the sweating will have been very worth it.
I've reached more than £200 (I'm putting in £2 for every pound I lose in weight) so thanks if you've supported me so far.














No comments:

Post a Comment