Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bury Bike Ride

I've mad a bit of a booboo.

The Smiling Assassin regaled me last week with tales of her cycling exploits. I mentioned the Bury Bike Ride to her, thinking she might like to take her family round the short course with me and my clan.

She seemed to go for that - mentioning the words 'racing bike'.

Now the Bury Bike Ride, organised by those nice St Edmund's Wheel chaps Ian, Brian and Steve, has always been a highlight of the calendar for me. There's always a bit of family rivalry - each of my elder sons have crossed the line first and that was a feat I managed last year, too.

But with the Smiling Assassin on a racing bike, I sense it might get messy. She'll be barking out orders on how many revolutions I should be doing, talking about my lack of cadence and no doubt moaning on about active rest when I'm enjoying the Mars bar and banana half way round.

I've said I'll let her have details and the date...would I be struck down if I told her the incorrect Sunday in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment